How to Check Your PAN Aadhaar Link Status Online? Follow These Steps
The deadline for PAN-Aadhaar linking is quickly approaching, and it’s critical to check whether your PAN and Aadhaar cards are already linked. Failure to link a PAN with Aadhaar incurs a Rs 1000 penalty until March 31, 2023, after which unlinked PANs become inoperative.
“Last date to link your PAN & Aadhaar is approaching soon! As per IT Act,1961, it is mandatory for all PAN holders, who do not fall under the exempt category, to link their PAN with Aadhaar before 31.3.23. From 1.4.23, the unlinked PAN shall become inoperative. Please link today!” said the Income Tax Department.
How to Check PAN-Aadhaar Linking Status?
If you have already linked you PAN and Aadhaar and want to know the status of the same, you can follow the steps provided below:
- Go to the Income Tax e-filing Portal: https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/.
- Click on “Quick Links” on the left side of the page, then select “Link Aadhaar Status”.
- Enter Your 10-digit PAN number and 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- Click on “View Link Aadhaar Status”.
- If your Aadhaar number appears, it means your PAN and Aadhaar Cards are already linked. Otherwise, you’ll need to take the necessary steps to link them.
How to Pay PAN-Aadhaar Linking Penalty Fee?
If you PAN and Aadhaar cards are not linked, you may link it by March 31, 2023, after paying a penalty of Rs 1000 only. Follow the steps provided below:
- Visit the Income Tax e-Filing portal homepage and click on “Link Aadhaar” in the Quick Links section.
- Enter your PAN, and mobile number to receive an OTP.
- After OTP verification, you’ll be redirected to the e-Pay Tax page.
- Click on “Proceed” on the Income Tax tile, select AY as 2023-24 and type of Payment as “Other Receipts (500)”, and then click “Continue”. You need to select the Assessment Year 2023-24 for making late fee payment for Aadhaar PAN linkage.
- The applicable amount will be pre-filled against “Others”. Alternatively, if your bank account is not listed for payment through e-Pay Tax, follow the steps below:
- a. Click on the hyperlink on the e-Pay Tax page to redirect to Protean (NSDL) website.
- b. Click “Proceed” under Challan No./ITNS 280.
- c. Select tax applicable as 0021 and type of payment as 500.
- d. Provide other mandatory details and proceed.
- After paying the penalty, you can link your Aadhaar number with PAN on the e-Filing Portal.
How to Link PAN-Aadhaar After Paying Penalty Fee?
To link your PAN and Aadhaar cards after paying the penalty, log in to the Income Tax website, go to the “Link Aadhaar to PAN” option under the Profile section of the Dashboard, and click “Link Aadhaar”.
To Stay Updated With Lates News Visit Our Site : http://newstrendr.com
For Job Related Updates Visit : http://aftergraduate.in